Thursday, August 19, 2010

Garden - general

Still busy preparing for a medical conference presentation, but at least I had my usual days off this week.

Committee meeting for our Garden Club this morning, but managed some time in the yard this afternoon. Mainly watering the vegetables and doing my weekly folar type fertilising that has seemed to make a big difference this year. Anne was also planting and watering flower seedlings in preparation for a visit by a different garden club next month.

Citrus trees don't do well here, I'm not sure exactly why, but I persist as we like to eat grapefruit, oranges etc.

Today I applied some epsom salts and potash to 2 citrus trees with leaf signs of deficiency . Time will tell if I got the right diagnosis! Even though the leaf signs are different I applied the same mixture to both.



























Also picture of our mulberry tree developing fruit - it is the standard variety but quite sweet (black when ripe). We have the white shatoot variety as well but it is still small and probably won't have much fruit on it this year.


I still have some more edible weeds to work up but there is other priorities at present.


Tom

No comments: