Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Garden - old dam site

More progress on the water shute - planted 3 pots of water plants yesterday - shield pennywort,  dwarf umbrella grass and dwarf papyrus - all supposedly frog friendly. I have a workable pump  system -  the solar idea of pump and panels but no battery was not really practical with a head height of 2.1m  and so I have settled on a 3,000lph pond pump on a timer.  I can run power from the shed nearby using 3 trees as poles to string up the power lead.




I have put down 7m2  of road base to make the paths -  it needs to be wide enough for mower/trailer  access to the old shipping container that we use for storage.


Also a photo of one of our Inukshuk replicas -  we were fascinated by these stacks of rocks when we visited Alaska a few years ago  and when we returned  from that trip,  I made two from rocks we had lying around. I cheated a bit and used mortar to help keep them upright though.


Photo of some dahlias in flower:


And finally an eggplant from one of the aquaponics growbeds -it actually was  quite buggy on the other side!

No comments: