Monday, September 6, 2010

Garden -general

The chickens had a tragic night. I left the chicken run door open
(occasionally do this) and a fox got in and has taken  7 out of my 8 chickens, including the rooster which was a salmon faverole.
In some ways it is ok, as several of the chooks were getting a bit old and these days I am not too keen on killing them preferring instead to let them live out their lives naturally.

I probably won't restock until after our holiday next month - I think I'll get
Araucana next time but still need to look into this further.

Fortunately the ducks are ok - I also left their door open.

30mm of rain overnight.   We had planted 14 natives - grevillias etc down the front part of our property over the weekend so the rain was most welcome.
Tanks are full again as well


Tom

No comments: