Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Limnodynastes tasmaniensis

With the wet weather it has been frog heaven again with a delightful chorus at night.

I have been collecting toads again - I have picked up  and dispatched about 100 in the last week. I wonder where they keep coming from  - they must move quite some distances each night to keep repopulating our property.

Here is a photo of a small and very active spotted marsh frog that I spotted tonight whilst out toad hunting:


proper name is :   Limnodynastes tasmaniensis

My ID of this is not 100% certain and I could be wrong!   He was released of course after the photo shoot.   

ref for Brisbane frogs :   http://frogs.org.au/frogs/ofQld/Around_Brisbane

Birds, Frogs and Butterflies are a real pleasure to have share our property.

No comments: